Aside from a free digital subscription to the New York Times, the access and benefits an LA Public Library card can provide really does make it the best card in LA.
You can use your Los Angeles Public Library card to access everything from free online classes to live homework help to digital downloads of music, magazines and movies — and save you thousands of dollars. Here’s a short list of some of the perks an LA Public Library card brings:
- Freegal: Freegal allows users to download up to five music track downloads a week from the Sony Music catalog, plus unlimited streaming music.
- hoopla: hoopla is a digital media platform that gives access to digital entertainment content from either mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets and/or via any browser. hoopla offers e-books, e-comics, full length feature movies, episodic television programming, full musical albums and unabridged e-audiobooks.
- Lynda.com: Lynda.com is an award-winning online learning site that offers more than more than 3,000 courses taught by recognized industry experts, and 150,000 video tutorials on business, technical and creative skills.
- Mango Languages: Free, online language-learning courses in more than 70 different languages, including Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic and Russian. You can also learn on the go with the Mango Mobile app for iPhone and Android.
- Zinio: Zinio offers full color, interactive digital magazines. Browse from a collection of popular titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download.
So don’t wait and sign up for a card at your local branch today!
Since September is Library Card Sign-up Month, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a gift bag filled with library goodies, including several items from the Library Store when you share a photo of you holding your library card with the LA Public Library on Twitter or Instagram from now through Sept. 30. Go to www.lapl.org/card for more information.
Hey, where’s the new #ShepardFairey version of the LAPL card?
In your wallet?
Canoga Park Neighborhood Council By Godfrey, you’re right. It was probably here all along! Thanks!